Accessibility and reasonable accommodation
The Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board (PCLOB) is committed to complying with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and with the Architectural Barriers Act of 1968. Under the Rehabilitation Act, agencies like PCLOB must make sure that their programs and activities—including their educational materials, public events, and electronic and information technology (such as this website)—are accessible to people with disabilities. Under the Architectural Barriers Act, PCLOB’s office building and facilities must also be readily accessible to people with disabilities, including PCLOB employees and applicants for PCLOB employment with disabilities.
People with disabilities can request a “reasonable accommodation” to allow them to participate in or benefit from PCLOB programs and activities that would not otherwise be accessible because of a disability.
Section 508 and access to this website
We are committed to providing an excellent user experience, regardless of disability. We periodically review this site to ensure that it meets or exceeds the requirements of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act , which requires that information and computer technology (ICT) be accessible to people with disabilities. Section 508 requires that ICT developed, procured, maintained, or used by the federal government be accessible to both employees and members of the public with disabilities.
- Learn more about Section 508 standards from the U.S. Access Board
- If you believe you may need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability to access information on or to use this website, contact email@example.com.
- If you encounter issues with any page on our website that present a challenge for users with disabilities, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have general questions about PCLOB’s compliance with Section 508, contact the email@example.com.
Section 504 and access to other programs and activities
We also comply with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act , which requires generally that all PCLOB activities and programs be accessible to members of the public with disabilities. We make sure that individuals with disabilities can participate in and enjoy the benefits of all PCLOB operations and resources available to the public. This includes providing accessible educational materials and ensuring equal access to public meetings and other events.
- If you believe you may need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability to access PCLOB educational materials, attend a PCLOB public meeting or event, or enjoy any other PCLOB program or activity, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Architectural Barriers Act and access to PCLOB facilities
We also comply with the Architectural Barriers Act(ABA). This law helps ensure that PCLOB employees, applicants for PCLOB employment, and members of the public with disabilities can gain ready access to PCLOB buildings and facilities.
If you have any questions or concerns about physical access to PCLOB’s office or facilities, contact email@example.com.
Access to social media
We work to ensure our pages are user-friendly, but we also use other sites and social media that may not be accessible to persons with disabilities. The resources we share on social media are available on our official site in an accessible format.